This is a bug report for an issue I’ve been investigating for a while.
- Given a workflow using Ticktick via
- when I connect a Ticktick account with a
- I expect to be able to create new Ticktick tasks.
- Ticktick tasks with the appropriate properties are created,
- and empty tasks with no properties start appearing in the Ticktick inbox.
- Workflow log does not indicate anything extraneous.
- Contact Ticktick support. Support informs me a) the empty tasks are created from pipedream and b) the empty tasks are created roughly once per hour.
- Disable workflow. Now the appropriate tasks are not created, but empty tasks keep on appearing.
- Remove Ticktick account from connections. (Done at the writing of this message.) If Ticktick support is correct in their report, I would expect that this prevents empty tasks from piling up. My Inbox currently reads at 1493 messages, over 1400 of which are empty. Will continue to monitor.
Suggested lines of inquiry:
- Does Pipedream perhaps check connection validity or refresh its authorization towards Ticktick periodically?
- If such a periodic check exists, perhaps it includes the creation of an empty task? If so, a cleanup routine might be missing or malfunctioning.
- If such a periodic check exists but does not explicitly involve the creation of an empty task, perhaps the authentication interaction between Pipedream and Ticktick creates this empty task as an unintended side effect?
I’ve been in contact with Ticktick support but they seem to be of the opinion this behavior is all due to Pipedream. They could or would not provide specifics on which endpoints Pipedream is hitting such that the empty tasks are generated. I believe I’ve exhausted my feasible courses of action here.
Please advise if there’s any further details I could provide.
Full stack developer & personal automation enthusiast