Last weekend I built a workflow that works as follows for me to account for payments made by players in a weekly soccer scheme that I run. I have to collect subscription payments from each player online, since I can’t accept cash now
- Someone makes a payment into my bank account either by card or bank transfer
- My bank triggers a webhook to pipedream - so that webhook is a source. Details of the bank below which is only available in the UK I believe. webhook is JSON
Monzo API Reference
- The workflow reads the person’s name, amount paid, the reference they set (eg their scheme membership ID) which is sent on the webhook
- The workflow then updates the person’s account balance on a Google Sheet which I use for all the accounting
- They get an email confirmation of their current balance
Previously I had to do all that manually. Really cool - thanks to Pipedream!
Now my only problem is Monzo don’t authenticate their webhooks, which ideally they would - but this is only a personal project so it’s not really a problem.