# What is Pipedream?
Pipedream is a production-scale serverless platform to connect APIs, remarkably fast.
- Connect OAuth and key-based API accounts in seconds.
- Use connected accounts in Node.js code steps or no-code building blocks.
- Build and run workflows triggered on HTTP requests, schedules, app events and more.
Watch a 4-minute demo or review our quickstart guide:
# Is Pipedream for Me?
We make it easy to connect APIs with code-level control when you need it — and no code when you don't. If you and your team want to stop writing boilerplate code, struggling with authentication and managing infrastructure for integrations, then Pipedream is for you.
# Getting Started
- Trigger workflows on HTTP requests, schedules and app events
- Return a custom response from your workflow on HTTP requests
- Use connected accounts in actions and code steps
- Pass data between code steps and no code actions
- Use npm packages in Node.js code steps
- Scaffold an API request in Node.js
- End workflow execution early
Pipedream offers a generous free tier (no credit card required) so you can test out the platform and use it for personal projects with no risk or commitment. As your needs grow, it's easy to upgrade to paid plans to run without limits for individuals, teams and enterprises.
# Use Cases
Pipedream supports use cases from prototype to production and is trusted by 150k+ developers from startups to Fortune 500 companies:
The platform processes billions of events and is built and priced for use at scale. Our team has built internet scale applications and managed data pipelines in excess of 10 million events per second (EPS) at startups and high-growth environments like BrightRoll, Yahoo!, Affirm and Instacart.
Our community uses Pipedream for a wide variety of use cases including:
- Connecting SaaS apps
- General API orchestration and automation
- Database automations (reach out to learn about connecting to resources behind a firewall)
- Custom notifications and alerting
- Mobile and JAMstack backends
- Rate limiting, request smoothing
- Event queueing and concurrency management
- Webhook inspection and routing
- Prototyping and demos
# Open Source
Pipedream maintains an open source component registry on GitHub so you can avoid writing boilerplate code for common API integrations. Use components as no code building blocks in workflows, or use them to scaffold code that you can customize. You can also create a PR contribute new or enhanced components via GitHub.
We hope is that by providing a generous free tier, you will not only get value from Pipedream, but you will give back to help us improve the product for the entire community and grow the platform by:
- Contributing open source components to our registry or sharing via your own GitHub repo
- Asking and answering questions in our public community
- Reporting bugs and requesting features that help us build a better product
- Following us on Twitter, starring our GitHub repo and subscribing to our YouTube channel
- Recommending us to your friends and colleagues
Learn about all the ways you can contribute.
# Getting Help
If you have any questions or feedback, please reach out in our community forum.