I have an issue that has occurred twice in a month time. I’m using JotForm to trigger a workflow with each new form submission.
Basically, everything works fine but sometimes the workflow is not triggered by new form submission, and this submission is not visible in the workflow’s log. However, and this is puzzling me the most, if I go to edit my workflow and select the JotForm trigger event to test it, I can choose the “missing” form submission from the dropdown, which means that it is present in the Pipedream.
Does anybody has this issue and maybe know how to deal with it?
Thank you for your time and effort.
That is interesting, could you share your workflow with support (under your Workflow Settings) then share the URL to your workflow here?
The name of one of the missed submissions would be very helpful too so we have a sample to look at.
Thank you @pierce for your time and effort.
I’ve shared the workflow with support but since there has been some development with this case I’ll go through it once more.
- On Jul 19, 2022 7:48 AM Central European Time (timestamp is from JotForm) I got a form submission that didn’t trigger my workflow. However, this payload was visible with all the data when editing the workflow as you can see here:
Imgur: The magic of the Internet
- Then on Jul 19, 2022 9:23 PM CET I got another form submission that, as a result, triggered not only its own workflow but somehow triggered the “stuck” workflow as well, visible here:
Imgur: The magic of the Internet.
Both workflows have the same timestamp in Pipedream, as you can see, and highlighted one is the one that has been “stuck” earlier in the day. Needless to say, both workflows ran successfully and appeared in my Google Sheet.
For the “stuck” workflow steps.trigger.event.submissionID is 5340189060311321117, if that’s what you mean by name of submission, and for the one that pushed the “stuck” one is 5340678195318903029.
Thank you again for your involvement and please let me know if I can help you in any way.
Hi @sinisaperovic thanks for the details! It could have been a delay in the Jotform webhooks that power the underlying trigger, or perhaps the queue for processing the event was delayed. Hopefully this was a one off case.
I don’t think that it has to do with the JotForm since the complete payload from JotForm was immediately visible in the workflow trigger configuration, selecting a trigger event. That means that JotForm’s webhook delivered the form submission data to Pipedream. Also, this has happened to me twice already in the last month or so but the first time I didn’t invest proper time to chase it down.
Anyhow, thank you for your involvement.