We have a workflow that receives email from another system and parses it to send SMS messages. We noticed that an important email was not received by Pipedream, and went back to debug the reason why. This workflow uses an firstname.lastname@example.org based email workflow, where the other system emails Pipedream directly.
We noticed that the inbound email that was not received included image attachments. So we sent emails with no attachment, or with non-image based attachments (i.e. a text file or a Word file), and everything worked fine. However, a jpg, gif, etc resulted in no email being received by our workflow at all. Clearly there is something hard breaking in the code when Pipedream receives emails with image attachments.
This seems like a pretty nasty bug, and yet one that is somewhat undercover, as it doesn’t apply to all attachment types or all inbound emails. Please research and fix ASAP.